Mythical Games (http://mythical.games) is pleased to announce its first studio release, Blankos Block Party, developed in partnership with Third Kind Games. Blankos Block Party is best described as a Party MMO with a strong playful focus on custom art design and music, world building and exploration, as well as trading and collecting characters. Blankos Block Party is slated to be a multi-format release coming first to PC & Mac in 2019. Premiering on this weekend’s CBS 2018 Gamers’ Choice Awards Preview Show, a brief teaser video of the game was unveiled to provide a quick glimpse of the lovable Blanko characters as well as what fans can expect: https://youtu.be/FcbI8VMWeOk
What Are Blankos?
Blankos are fun and mischievous vinyl toys brought to life! Inhabiting in their own offbeat world, they live the fleek life focusing on good vibes and good times! These incredible Blanko toy characters are designed by the players themselves and are brought to life when they hear their music!
Blankos Block Party takes place in a casual multiplayer world styled like a giant block party, that includes a vibrant hub where friends can meet, go on scavenging hunts with pals, take on daily challenges, and eventually take part in global online mini-games and explore into other players’ block parties as well.
- Players will be able to collect and use all different types of Blanko characters. Thanks to blockchain technology, there will be many varieties of head shapes, unique skins, including rare attributes and styles that spin off into endless combinations where players have real ownership.
- Players will acquire block assets in various ways that help them build and play with their own Block. Bespoke designs will continuously enter the Blankos world. Once their party is ready, they can invite others to explore and play.
- At each party, Blankos will interact and evolve their characters, as well as influence a new generation of Blankos they meet along the way.
- Keep a lookout for your favorite artists or musicians getting involved in creating, trading and mingling with their Blankos too!
- Each Blanko can be traded or resold at the Marketplace – the goal will be to grow your own impressive and rare collection of interactive toys that can played in this amazing world!
“We are really excited to be working on this project with Mythical, and to be one of the first games developed with their new block chain platform,” commented Tim Dunn, Director and co-founder of Third Kind Games (Former Project Manager for Activision on Guitar Hero Live).
Jamie Jackson, Chief Creative Officer of Mythical Games added “Blankos Block Party is the perfect first release for Mythical, and teaming back up with indie studio, Third Kind Games, has been amazing. Blankos offers a world of possibilities not only for the gamers, but also for content creators and professional artists or brands to experiment with their unique designs, skins and characteristics. They can play, collect, and even share or trade their bespoke design Blanko in the game. We can’t wait to see what our players come up with.”
Third Kind Games, the lead development team on the game, is a company based in Leamington Spa, UK. Comprising of industry veterans from the likes of Activision, Sony, Nintendo, Codemasters, and Crytek, they are passionate about creating AAA quality game-changing experiences for players.
Mythical Games is a newly formed next-generation game technology studio that specializes in building major game IPs and a digital ecosystem around player-owned economies. It is co-founded by its CEO John Linden (Studio Head at Activision), CCO Jamie Jackson (Studio Head at Activision), Head of Blockchain Rudy Koch (Senior Producer at Blizzard), and CPO Stephan Cunningham (Director, Global Product Management at Yahoo!). They have all previously led world class development teams for gaming brands including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero Live, Marvel Strike Force, Skylanders, and more.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Mythical Games believes future game entertainment will depend on closer ties between players, content creators, brands and developers. The team looks to innovate through providing their proprietary Mythical platform to top developers to help build player-owned economies on popular blockchains. They will also focus on producing new tools for content creators and brands to customize and provide ownership of game assets.