Ownership reveals expectations about the future (ie. ‘the price will go up’) and shows that people who have similar beliefs want to communicate with each other.
There are more and more ERC20 and ERC721 tokens and, as a result, more and more communities around these tokens. People are now connected by their holdings (I own a token) as well as their economic actions (I participated in an ICO), not just by their social interests (I like dogs).
Communities around tokens are formed on Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Facebook etc., but, due to the conflict between the nature of new relations (economic) and design of these legacy platforms (interests) users continue to face a number of issues:
- Spam. Another ICO, giveaway, airdrop.
- Non verifiable information about verifiable reality. Statements about own balances and transactions without proof.
- Real — person model. E-mail or ID necessity to participate.
- Fiat. Blockchain projects can’t use their own tokens for own social presence.
- Scams. Compromising private keys by impersonation etc.
These are just a few of the problems that currently plague the Internet, like fake news, increased bot activity, social addiction, parody accounts, increasing polarization of the online discourse etc.
For the first time in history, we can redefine the ways we cooperate within society at scale, yet we are stuck in infrastructure that does not work in our favour.
Every token is a community
Over the last two years, we’ve developed a very simple, yet powerful technology that can help to change that. Our hope is that our work might help users allocate their attention and make better choices in the token-based attention economy.
To illustrate the kind of scenario we’re thinking about, we’ll introduce you to our friend Nala.
Nala has an Ethereum address with a few ERC20 and a few ERC 721 tokens inside. She can access Web 3.0 by Metamask on desktop and Toshi, Trust or Cipher on mobile devices.
Now she can discover communities from the perspective of her tokens…
…and see what’s happening inside them.
Same, but different
We applied familiar patterns and interactions, like reactions and comments, to the new, tokenized world. This is intentional: our goal is to enhance existing user experiences, not to replace them. We took what’s best out of two worlds: the trust inherent to blockchain systems, and the flexibility of off-chain/traditional networks.
We do this by creating a connection between economic address and the arbitrary data. Afterwards, we can rank these connections by various algorithms that results in a feed. You can read how it works here.
In other words, we tied information to scarce resources to make it valuable. As a result, we can see consensual motivations behind subjective statements. The ultimate aim is to generate ranking algorithms and interface marketplaces that will power thousands of alternative information feeds, recommendation engines, personalization services etc. with installed ‘skin in the game’ filters for our attention. Tok’n’talk is a sandbox for these ideas.
Click. Social Network.
We are looking for token-based communities and people who want to experiment with different models to join our product. We will onboard you manually to gather feedback and help you grow in a trusted environment. It does not matter if you’re a creator or an enthusiast.
We support ERC721 and ERC20 standards tokens.
- More interoperability. ‘True digital ownership’ does not exist with one supporting interface
- Discoverability. Your project can be discovered in crypto — native world. Target communities relevant for you and create own networks.
- Protected community. No spam, no trolls, no insecure login process, verified messages.
- Managed access to your community with a token. Create exclusive club for members with specific interests. Curate music, poetry or trade together.
- About tokens, with tokens. Talk about tokens and transactions in an environment that embraces it, not bans it.
- Your interface. Create an interface that better suits your needs.
- Proof your holdings
Get in touch! We’ll be super happy.
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” — Buckminster Fuller