OUR COMING COMPETITION THAT REWARDS THE BEST BLOCKCHAIN GAME IS STILL OPEN AND RECEIVING SUBMISSIONS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. THE GOOD NEWS? WE ARE ACCEPTING WEB-BASED AND MOBILE GAMES.
On August 18 of 2008, the domain named bitcoin.org was registered. In November of that year, a paper authored by Satoshi Nakamoto titled Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System was posted to a cryptography mailing list. Nakamoto implemented the bitcoin software as open source code and released it in January 2009.
Huntercoin was launched five years later. The very first Blockchain Game. After the success of their launch, many followed and the Blockchain Game movement was launched. So what is Huntercoin? Huntercoin is an Open Source Crypto Currency similar to Bitcoin. The main difference is that approximately 80% of the coins are obtainable by collecting coins in a virtual universe which resides inside the blockchain. A Simple game is played to collect coins on a map of which has an element of Player versus Player combat to fight over resources.
Huntercoin, decentralized and innovative, was released in February 2014 as a live experimental test to see how blockchain technology could handle full on game worlds. Huntercoin proved the concept and is still in development today. AfterHuntercoin many others followed, Cryptokitties being one of the most well-known.
BUT ARE THESE BLOCKCHAIN GAMES ANY GOOD? LET’S FIND OUT!
Criteria are as follows:
– The blockchain games have to at least be playable on testnet, even if they haven’t fully launched on mainnet yet. We will not look at concepts, white papers, powerpoints, youtube videos, slideshows, we want to be able to play the game.
– The game has to be built on the Blockchain and there must be a reward for the player in the form of a crypto asset.
– Blockchain game Platforms, Gambling applications, and other non-game Blockchain decentralized applications are not eligible.
– You can submit your game by sending a link to email@example.com, as part of the 3rd IMGA Southeast Asia.
– You can add assets, such as whitepapers (pdf only), slides, youtube videos.
– Deadline for entries is October 15, 2018
– You can enter the competition if you are the maker of the game, or part of the team.
– Enter the game you like. This means you do not need to be involved in the game, you can give a recommendation. We want to see as many fun games as possible.
– Our judging criteria are the same as for any non Blockchain Game: the game has to be fun to play.
– In addition to our IMGA criteria, we add that the game should have function correctly in the blockchain and reward the player adequately. Secondly, we give extra appreciation to easy onboarding: games who manage to explain clearly how the game functions and why Blockchain Games are beneficial for players. This can be the tutorial of the game or the way the game communicates with its players.
– And the game needs to be fun. But I have already said that. Fun, you know.
Remember, to submit your game just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of your game, a short description or any material mentioned on the criteria that you think helps to explain what the game is about, and of course a link for judges to test the game.